Griffin is regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority and in France by the Autorité des Marchés Financiers and the Autorité de Contrôle Prudentiel et de Résolution. Griffin is also regulated as an Introducing Broker by the National Futures Association in the US.
Amongst other things, Griffin is authorised to operate an Organised Trading Facility (“OTF”) in accordance with the requirements of MiFID II. Griffin’s OTF has operated through its French entity, Griffin Markets Europe SAS since 1st January 2021. Before that, the OTF was operated through Griffin Markets Limited in the UK. Accordingly, information displayed on this website relating to Market Data, Transparency and Best Execution will relate to Griffin Markets Limited prior to 1st January 2021 and Griffin Markets Europe SAS after this date.
Griffin is able to offer market participants a full range of execution and reporting services covering both financial and non-financial instruments including:
• Hybrid voice/electronic execution platform.
• REMIT reporting of physical gas and power orders and trades.
• Transaction reporting for financial instruments under MiFID II.
• Position limit reporting under MiFID II.
Contracts for the supply of physical gas and power in the UK and the EU which are executed through Griffin’s OTF will not be classified as financial instruments in accordance with C6 of Annex I to MiFID II.
Alongside its OTF, Griffin also offers:
• An arranging service for the registration of block futures trades.
• An arranging service for bespoke contracts which are executed outside the OTF.
• Ancillary services including data analysis and trading tools.
Post trade transparency data relating to financial instruments is available to view at:
The MIC codes for Griffin’s French entity are as follows:•
• GMEO (segment MIC applicable to OTF)
• GMES (operating MIC)
• The LEI is 969500OBCS5EQT67NQ53.
Information on Market Data and Best Execution:
Griffin has been successfully reporting to ACER on behalf of its customers discussions since the start of the REMIT reporting obligation on the 7th October 2015. Griffin offers its customers a choice of RRM and has been at the forefront of the development of REMIT reporting solutions.